Tech
Warzone Mobile Death Date Announced by Activision
Activision has confirmed that servers for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile will shut down on April 17, 2026. The announcement was made through a support blog, marking the final step in the game’s sunset process.
Warzone Mobile was removed from app stores in May 2025. However, players who had already installed the game were still able to access online servers. After April 17, 2026, the game will no longer be playable.
Launch and Platform Integration
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile officially launched on March 21, 2024. It was the first game to reintroduce the battle royale maps Verdansk and Rebirth Island after they were removed from the original console and PC version of Call of Duty: Warzone.
The title aimed to deliver a full battle royale experience on mobile while supporting cross progression with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, developed by Sledgehammer Games. It also offered cross-platform progression between console, PC, and mobile.
Activision assembled a multi-studio development effort for the project, involving Activision Shanghai Studio, Beenox, Digital Legends, and Solid State Studios.
Reason for Shutdown
Activision stated that the decision to discontinue Warzone Mobile followed its failure to resonate with mobile-first players to the same extent as its PC and console counterparts.
Players who signed into Warzone Mobile using an Activision account will retain access to that account on other titles, including Call of Duty: Black Ops 7, Call of Duty: Warzone, and Call of Duty: Mobile.
However, Call of Duty Points purchased specifically for Warzone Mobile will not transfer to other platforms. Activision advised players to use any remaining COD Points on operators and weapons before the servers go offline.
Call of Duty: Mobile is Staying
Call of Duty: Mobile will remain active and continue receiving updates. The free-to-play title includes Battle Royale, Multiplayer, Zombies, and DMZ: Recon modes, along with Battle Passes, events, and Ranked Play.
A new season of Call of Duty: Mobile recently launched alongside the Season 2 update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 7, introducing Lunar New Year-themed content celebrating the Year of the Horse.
Tech
Apple Set to Manufacture iPhones in Pakistan: Report
Apple is planning to start iPhone manufacturing in Pakistan under a new government-backed Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Framework, in a move aimed at positioning the country as a regional export hub, reported Express Tribune.
The government has agreed to offer incentives, including an 8 percent performance incentive and provision of land at discounted rates, to attract the tech giant, said the report.
In addition to manufacturing, Apple has also agreed to refurbish used iPhones in Pakistan for re-export, with the government expecting $100 million in export proceeds in the first year.
The plan is part of a broader strategy to bring global technology companies into Pakistan by offering competitive incentives and building local manufacturing capacity.
Officials said Apple intends to initially focus on repairing two to three-year-old iPhones, a model it has previously implemented in countries such as India, Malaysia, and Indonesia, before moving into full-scale manufacturing.
The new framework proposes increasing performance incentives from the current 6 percent to 8 percent to attract investment from Apple and other international manufacturers.
Authorities said the policy has received support from senior government leadership and is expected to be approved soon. The government is also targeting wider investment in the electronics sector, including laptops, tablets, wearables, and accessories, as part of its long-term industrial strategy.
Chinese companies are expected to invest around $557 million in mobile manufacturing, following agreements signed during the Prime Minister’s recent visit to Beijing.
As part of the localization push, manufacturers have committed to increasing the use of locally produced components from the current 12 percent to 35 percent in the first year, with a longer-term target of 50 percent.
The policy also proposes an export levy of up to 6 percent on high-end mobile phones to fund technology development, with an expected collection of Rs. 62 billion. Lower-priced phones in the Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 60,000 range will remain exempt.
Separately, the government is expanding its electric vehicle policy. A subsidy of 40 percent has already been introduced for electric two-wheelers, backed by Rs. 9 billion in funding.
The report said the scope may now be extended to electric four-wheelers, with plans underway to introduce low-cost vehicles priced between Rs. 0.7 million and Rs. 0.8 million.
Tech
New Details Confirm Samsung Galaxy S26 Ultra’s Powerful Upgrade
New Geekbench scores for the Galaxy S26 Ultra reveal the power of Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5. See how it stacks up before the Feb 23 Galaxy Unpacked event.
Source link
Tech
Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise AI Video Backlash Prompts ByteDance To Add Guardrails
Hollywood is fighting back against a new AI tool that creates near-perfect video recreations, raising legal risks for AI makers and the companies that use their tools.
Source link
-
Tech1 week ago
WhatsApp’s Paid Version Will Bring These New Features
-
Tech6 days ago
The Compressed Timeline Of The AI Revolution
-
Tech2 weeks ago
New Samsung Galaxy S26 Ultra Leak Confirms Bad Battery News
-
Tech2 weeks ago
Dan D’Agostino’s Momentum Z Monoblock Amplifiers Will Set You Back A Cool $125,000
-
Magazines2 weeks ago
Story time: Stuck in the 1990s
-
Tech1 week ago
PTA Reveals Top Mobile Networks of Q4 2025
-
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Pakistani Stars Land From Karachi To Lahore For Basant
-
Tech2 weeks ago
Apple iPhone 17e Release Date: Just Days Away, New Report Claims